Lead Sheet are important product made from Pure Lead / Lead alloy. Lead Sheet have major importance in chemical and related industries as Lead Metal being resistant againts wide range of chemicals.
Lead Sheet are also used in x-ray and gamma-ray protection, building construction for roofing and flashing, shower pans, flooring, vibration damping and soundproofing. Lead Sheets are used in chemical industries and building construction is made from either Pure Lead or Lead Antimonial Alloy up to 6% normally. Calcium-Lead and Calcium-Lead-Tin Alloys are also suitable for many of these applications of Lead Sheets Manufacturing.
We offer Lead Sheets from 0.5mm to 60mm thickness, length up to 80' feet and width up to 6.5' feet subject to the thickness.Key Specifications / Features / Applications :
- Specifications :
- Thickness : 0.50mm to 60mm;
- Width : 4' feet. (Standard) / 6.5' feet ( Maximun);
- Length : 21' feet (Standard) / 80' feet (Maximum) / (As per Customer's Requirements);
- Standards :
- ASTM B 29 and Federal Specification QQ-L-171E;
- German : DIN 1719;
- British : BS 334;
- Canada : CSA-HP2;
- Australia : 1812;
- Chemical compositions :
- Pb : maximum 99.999%;
- Sb : 0.00 to 4%;
- Sn : 0.00 to 6% see solder foils (customized);
- Features :
- Very soft : without support, it can sag and become distorted;
- Low melting point;
- Long lifespan (in milder climates, lead roofs have been known to last 200 to 300 years);
- Generally corrosion-resistant, little to no reaction with most compounds and solutions;
- Resistant to corrosion by most acids including chronic, sulfuric, sulfurous and phosphoric acids;
- Corrosive to alkali (such as lime mortar, Portland cement and uncured concrete), tannic acid found in wood and radiation;
- Corrosive to hydrochloric, hydrofluoric, acetic, formic and nitric acids;
- Applications :
- X-ray shielding in medical and dental field;
- Lead shielding for personal protection;
- Nuclear shielding in power generation industry;
- Nuclear shielding for research in industry and university;
- Radiation shielding for military;
- X-ray shielding to protect workers at security X-ray machines;
- Sheet roofing;
- Decorative spandrels;
- Gutters, leader heads and down spouts;
- Cast decorative features and sculpture;
- Cupolas, spires and mullions;
- Sheathing for cables;
- Sheet lead partitions (nice for noise reduction);
- Pads for vibrating machinery;
- Waterproof ironwork where iron fitted into stone;
- Ballast, gaskets, metal type, tinplate and foil;
- Building construction.
Recommended Thickness of Lead Shielding of X-Ray Rooms.
|X-Rays generated by peak voltages not exceeding.|
Minimum thickness of Lead.
Many Applications Included; Nuclear Shielding, x - ray Shielding, Tank Linings, Sound - Proofing, Vibration Absorbers, Waterproofing and etcs.